Monday, March 28, 2011

Asparagus

I have always loved asparagus. We used to eat frequently while growing up. My family would always steam it and then eat it with lemon juice. Although I do enjoy this way of eating it I have found a way that I like even more!

Garlic Asparagus

1 bundle asparagus
garlic salt
olive oil

Wash asparagus. Break off the hard ends of the asparagus. If you haven't done this before all you do is hold the middle of the asparagus and put pressure on the bottom part of it the tough end will snap off very easily. Spread asparagus out on a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil over asparagus. Sprinkle garlic salt over the asparagus. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the asparagus is tender (we like ours on the more tender side). I will usually rotate the asparagus a couple of times during the baking process for more even baking and to prevent burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment