Friday, May 20, 2011

Velvet Almond Buttercream Frosting

My sweet husband made me an amazing cake for my birthday. The cake was delicious but my favorite part was the frosting! I am not a fan of store bought frosting, but I LOVE homemade frosting. This frosting has such a great flavor. It is a perfect frosting for most cakes. It was light and creamy with an amazing almond flavor. I thought I would share the recipe for any of you frosting lovers out there.



Velvet Almond Buttercream Frosting

1/2 cup butter, softened
4 1/2 cups confectioners' Sugar
3/4 Tsp. Vanilla ext.
1/2 Tsp. Almond ext.
6-7 Tbsp. Milk

1.) Cream butter in mixing bowl until fluffy. Beat in confectioner's sugar 1-2 cups at a time with mixer. Add extracts.

2.) Add milk 3 Tbsp. at a time until the desired "frosting" consistency is achieved.

**This recipe can also be easily doubled and frozen- I always have a batch in the freezer!

It is also versatile and can be added to/ changed to make:

-Chocolate buttercream frosting (replace 1/2 cup of pwdr. sugar with cocoa),

-Lemon (replace milk with lemon juice and add 1 Tsp. lemon peel),

-Peanut Butter (1/2 Cup peanut butter instead of regular butter)

-Peppermint (Replace Vanilla ext. with peppermint)

Recipe Source: Bake Space

No comments:

Post a Comment