Friday, September 9, 2011

Zucchini Casserole

I first need to mention that every time I remember that we are already into September I want to cry. Just a little bit. Summer has just flown by! It really has been a great summer. It always seems that just as I am getting used to it being summer it is gone. Oh well. I will say that I am really excited to see all the pretty fall colors that are sure to be popping up soon.

As you may know our zucchini plant has done quite well this year. It really did take over our garden. We have been able to make lots of yummy foods and still give some away. It has been great. Here is another Zucchini recipe that really is one of my favorites! This casserole is full of flavor and really could almost be eaten as the main dish but I usually serve it as  a side. We had this at a family get together and I just knew that I had to have the recipe. We have had it several times since and I have loved it every time.



Zucchini Casserole

Ingredients:

7 cups zucchini thinly sliced
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
1 cup shredded carrots
2 cups seasoned stuffing mix
1/4 cup butter melted

Directions:
In a large pot cook zucchini and onion in boiling salted water for 5-10 minutes. Drain well. In a large bowl combine soup and sour cream. stir in shredded carrots. fold in zucchini mixture. Toss stuffing mix with melted butter. Spread 1/2 stuffing mixture in a 12X7 baking dish (9X13 works too if you don't have a 12X7). Spoon zucchini mixture on top of stuffing. Sprinkle the rest of the stiffing mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.

1 comment:

  1. This casserole looks delicious! Great way to use up home-grown zucchini!

    ReplyDelete